Avoid Erectile Dysfunction During the Holiday Season
December 9, 2019
Although Valentine's Day is that "special day" most often linked to romantic endeavors, a quick look at the numbers for supply and demand of erectile dysfunction products would suggest it is not the number one time of year for romance. In both the United States and Britain, there is a sharp increase in interests for medications that help men get and maintain an erection. According to the UK-based pharmacy, Oxford Online, the prescription-only PDE5 inhibitors like the "little blue pill" that can help men last up to 36 hours has up to a sixty percent increase in demand as men prepare for the extra-festive Winter Holiday Season. Similar results in online searches have been reported by other internet pharmacies like GoodRx.
Naturally, the winter holidays connect the dots from Thanksgiving, which is traditionally a time of the year that sales of ED products are at the lowest, to the aftermath of New Year's Eve, which is considered an especially frisky time of year. Nonetheless, it is important for anyone who is suffering with performance issues in the bedroom, regardless of age, to seek the advice of a men's health professional. Often men suffering from ED get stuck in a spiral of "fear of failure," so the physical and psychological components of the disorder must be properly diagnosed and treated. Fortunately, there are new treatment options available, such as low-intensity shockwave therapy that helps break up plaque and stimulates the growth of new blood vessels in the penis to improve sexual function.
How You Can Help Your Sexual Performance
Without doubt, the Winter Holiday Season last about six-weeks and is filled with many child-like anxieties and adult-sized overindulges. It is a time of year when time is at a premium and where men are more prone to "burning their candle at both ends." Although blindly consuming a handful of supplements is not recommended, there are natural aids that can boost virility, sperm function and libido in men from the foods they eat to the things they do to maintain balance in their daily life. Listed below are a few helpful tips for improving your sexual and overall health during the Holidays:
- Get Checked for Low-T - Low testosterone alone, with no other health problems, accounts for a small minority of men with erectile dysfunction. So, men with healthy testosterone levels can experience ED, too. Nonetheless, testosterone is central in the male sexual response including the desire for sex as well as the mechanics for triggering an erection. Many men's health specialists prefer balancing hormonal levels through testosterone replacement therapy as a first option to prescribing ED medications.
- Plan to Drink More Water - Simply stated, water helps flush food and environmental toxins from your body. Although alcohol may lower inhibitions, it is not the aphrodisiac you're looking for during the Holidays. Cutting back on alcohol consumption during the winter season can help and planning to drink seltzer water with a slice of lime would be preferred when you want to ensure peak sexual performance.
- Remember to Act Your Age - Aging does not cause erectile dysfunction, although the natural aging process does contribute to sexual performance in the bedroom. Without destroying spontaneity, an older man may need to plan their romantic encounter to include more touching, teasing and foreplay to enjoy new modes of intimacy. Moreover, practice helps and regular sex keep the circulation flowing.
- Add a Simple Holiday Exercise - Regardless of your existing workout routine, adding a simple exercise can help you manage the added stress that comes with all the Holiday outings. Invite your partner to take a walk everyday (preferably after a meal). It will provide extra alone time to decompress and focus more on the intimacy of your relationship during this stress-filled season. Plus, you can involve your significant other in planning for a romantic holiday moment.
- Keep Your Body Balanced - Researchers have proven that lifestyle issues may have more to do with ill effects to your health and well-being than simply the natural aging process. Stopping smoking, maintaining a healthy weight, managing daily stress, getting plenty of restful sleep and avoiding a sedentary lifestyle can improve your well-being. These are also culprits that can zap your sexual energy as well as impact your desire and performance.
- Speak with a Men's Health Professional - A sudden loss of sexual desire or the ability to have erections usually suggests that a problem exists with a medication, hormonal change or psychological difficulty, such as depression. If blood does not stay in the penis, a man cannot maintain an erection. Reduced blood flow issues can suggest hardened arteries, diabetes, or heart disease. The first step toward a better sex life is a thorough examination by a men's health care professional.
Happy Holidays from NJ GAINSWave
For men with or without erectile dysfunction, NJ GAINSWave can provide serious benefits to reshape your sex life. For many years, men with ED have resorted to oral ED medications like the little blue pill, to relieve their symptoms. While these medications can sometimes be useful for temporary relief of the symptoms of decreased erectile function, they do not target the root cause of most patients' ED and can often bring unwanted side effects. Multiple studies have shown low-intensity shockwave therapy to be effective in improving blood flow to achieve fuller, longer lasting erections. In addition, scar tissue that builds up under the skin of the penis (called Peyronie's Disease) can reduce sensations while causing painful experiences during intercourse. NJ GAINSWave's advanced technologies offer a breakthrough solution to eliminate painful intercourse and optimize your sexual performance.
Whether you suffer from erectile dysfunction or just looking to improve your sexual performance, GAINSWave™ is a non-invasive, drug-free and surgery-free alternative to ED medications that can help you achieve longer, stronger and more resilient erections for better sex. Call NJ GAINSWave today and get a head start on making your Holidays special for you and your partner.